Cauliflower pasta bake with miso
Why is a Cauliflower Pasta Bake with Miso so fragrant? It has everything we like, you don’t need any skills, it is easy and quick to make and it also tastes fantastic. Our current favorite: Cauliflower pasta casserole with miso and crunchy breadcrumbs topping!
Let’s be honest, pasta casseroles are seldom really nice. They taste really nice “nice”. Actually, what comes out of the oven is not expected to win beauty pageants. Fortunately, only the inner values really count here.
Apart from that, in such a pot or the casserole dish, as I said, everything the different tastes at the table could wish for: both crispy and tender, firm pasta, a pile of sauce and for the exciting mouthfeel contrast, we pack an extra load of crispy ones Breadcrumbs on top.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 SERVINGS
500 g cauliflower
200 g rigatoni or tortiglioni, maccheroni or pipe rigate
40 g butter-flavored rapeseed oil or vegan butter
30 g wheat flour type 405 or spelled flour type 630
500 ml of oat milk or other vegetable milk
1 EL light miso paste
50 g vegan grated cheese
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon thyme
1 pinch of nutmeg
3 EL breadcrumbs
15 g parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C top/bottom heat.
2. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, reduce the cooking time by about 2 minutes so that the pasta stays al dente in the oven. Divide the cauliflower into small florets.
3. Put the oil in a hot saucepan, stir-fry the flour over medium heat for 3 minutes until it is lightly browned.
4. Deglaze with oat milk, bring to the boil, and season with miso paste, 40 g grated cheese, and spices.
5. Mix the cauliflower and pasta with the sauce and place in a lightly oiled, ovenproof baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs and the rest of the vegan grated cheese and bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
Serve topped with parsley.
The sauce can of course also be prepared directly in a fire-proof roaster, so you don’t have to wash the casserole dish.
Try this too Vegetarian Pizza with Cheese