Sweet Potato GnocchiDifficulty: Easy
- Wash potatoes and cook in boiling water for 20 minutes. Peel the onion and garlic. Dice the onion, and press the garlic through a garlic press. Wash the basil, pat dry, and finely chop except for something to garnish.
- Dice the ham. Chop the tomatoes in the can with a knife. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, and sauté the ham, onions, and garlic in it. Stir in the basil and add the tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and season with salt, pepper, and broth. Simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Rinse the potatoes in cold water and peel off the peel. Press the potatoes through a potato press and let them cool down a little.
- Knead in the quark, flour, salt, and nutmeg. On a work surface that is floured or sprinkled with semolina, form rolls as thick as a thumb and cut into four centimeter-long pieces. Form oval dumplings and press the groove into them with a fork.
- Cook the gnocchi in plenty of boiling salted water for five minutes. As soon as the gnocchi float on the surface, lift them out with a skimmer and let them drain. Arrange the hot gnocchi with tomato sauce in a bowl.
- Serve Sweet Potato Gnocchi garnished with basil.
Check our Dinner Recipes