Ingredients for 8 servings
Ingredients for the filling
|900||g||Cream cheese, double cream setting|
|250||mg||Sour cream or sour cream|
|1||Pc||Lemon, juice from it|
- For this American Cheesecake, first, crumble the shortbread biscuits and mix with the melted butter and sugar.
- Now put the dough in a springform pan, distribute it evenly, press it down well, and put it in the fridge for a moment.
- For the filling, put the cream cheese in a bowl, add the whipped cream, eggs, sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and flour and mix all ingredients briefly (!) With a mixer at maximum medium speed to a smooth mass.
- Then carefully pour the cream cheese cream over the cold biscuit base, distribute it evenly and let it rest for 10 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 220 degrees with top and bottom heat.
- Now bake the cake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 135 degrees and bake the cake for an hour.
- Then turn off the stove without opening the door! This must remain closed for two hours. Only now remove the cake and let it cool in the refrigerator for eight hours.
Note: All ingredients should be at room temperature
Tips on the recipe
The base or the filling can be refined with various ingredients, for example with nuts, fruit, fruit puree, or even chocolate chips. An American cheesecake is traditionally eaten for dessert.